5.2.8 Advanced sequence view options
Advanced options for controlling the look of sequences and alignments are under the
Advanced tab. These options are as follows:
- Wrap sequence. This wraps the sequences in the viewing area.
- Linear view on circular sequences. This forces circular sequences to be shown linearly.
- Spaces every 10 bases. If you are zoomed in far enough to be able to see individual residues, then an extra white space can be seen every 10 (or whatever number you choose) residues when this option is selected.
- Numbering. Enables the display of base position number above the sequence residues. For alignments and assemblies, options are available for displaying the numbering of consensus, reference, alignment and/or all original sequences.
- Mini-map. Enables the display of a mini-map at the top of the sequence viewer which highlights the currently displayed location in the entire sequence.
- Outline residues when zoomed out. This adds a ﬁne line around the sequence which can help with clarity and printing.
- Labels. This option changes where the labels are displayed on the annotation: “Inside”, “Outside”, “Inside or Outside” and “None”.
- Overlay when zoomed out. When only a single annotation covers a region, it will be placed on top of the sequence.
- Compress annotations. This option reduces the vertical height of the annotations on display. This reduces the space occupied by annotations by allowing them to overlap and increases the amount of the sequence displayed on the screen.
- Show arrow tips. Displays the directional indicator for an annotation as a large arrow tip.
- Hide excessive labels. This will reduce screen clutter by removing annotation labels which are too frequent.
Here you can set the font size for bases, labels, names and numbering.