7.2.2 Selection Controls
To the right of the structure are controls that let you control the selected part of the structure.
- If the structure you are viewing contains more than one model, the model combo box will you choose between them.
- The select button lets you select all, none or the nonselected region of the structure, as well as by element, group type or secondary structure.
- The highlight selected checkbox lets you select whether to highlight the selected atoms in the structure view.
- The structure tree shows the atoms in the structure in a tree format. Click on regions in the tree to select those regions. You can also Shift-click and Ctrl-click to select multiple regions at once.
- The command box lets you type in arbitrary jmol scripting commands. To see some examples, select one of the pre-populated options in the box’s drop-down. For a complete description of the commands you can use, see http://www.stolaf.edu/academics/chemapps/jmol/docs.
A view of a 3D protein structure in Geneious Prime