3.4.2 Checking agents
Once you have created one or more agents, Geneious allows you to quickly view their status in the agents window. Your agents’ details are presented in several columns: Enable, Action, Status and Deliver To.
Enable: This column contains a check box showing whether the agent is enabled. Action: This summarizes the user-deﬁned search criteria. It contains:
- Details of the database accessed. For example, Nucleotide and Genome under NCBI.
- The search type the Agent performed, e.g. “keyword”.
- The words the user entered in the search ﬁeld for the Agent to match against.
Status: This indicates what the Agent is currently doing. The status will be one of the following:
- “Next search in x time” e.g. 18 hours. The agent is waiting until its next scheduled search and it will search when this time is reached.
- “Searching.” These are shown in bold. The agent is currently searching.
- “Disabled.” The agent will not perform any searches.
- “Service unavailable.” The agent cannot ﬁnd the database it is scheduled to search. This will happen if the database plugin has been uninstalled.
- “No search scheduled” The agent is enabled but doesn’t have a search scheduled. To correct this click the “Run now” button in the agent dialog to have it search immediately and schedule a new search.
Deliver To: This names the destination folder for the downloaded documents. This is usually your Local Documents or one of your local folders.
Note. If you close Geneious while an agent is running, it will stop in mid-search. It will resume searching when Geneious is restarted.